2013-12-28

Strategyquant user guide

Today I managed reading the user guide of strategyquant. It's well structured and even if you do not use the program you could read it for educational purposes too. Things like walk forward analysis, genetic evolution in programming, robustness test and monte carlo simulation are explained. One thing I am missing that is already abvious a this stage is the function to import custom EAs into strategyquant. Although it sounds a bit complicated you can import custom indicators but you cannot import custom EAs. This is strange. So you'd have to build an indicator of your EA and import it in strategyquant or build the strategy itself in strategyquant with it's built in strategy builder. But I do not expect to be able to build complex strategies within the program. I have to emphasize that I've just tested the program and not seriously used it at this stage. Nevertheless I think the program will be of great help. Optimally you can find promising strategies with it and fine-tune them later in the mql editor with your programming skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment